Sunday 31 January 2016

Homework Project - My slightly iffy poem

Homework for you or the kids???
My slightly iffy poem.

Yippee it's Friday the working week is done
I love saturday and sunday to chill out & rest.
But hold on what's this
A project to be put you to the test.

Please can you make a statue this weekend
A shoe or a rainforest perhaps an igloo.
I'm not really crafty I hate bits and bobs
A trip to the pound shop for felt, paper & glue.

The project gets of to a good start
Then moaning commences and contains to rise.
Creative differences start to emerge
Should it be blue or what sort of size?

You end up sticking bits on by yourself
Cursing the teachers for the mess.
Eventually the task comes to an end
The project looks OK you have tried your best.

On Monday your child is full of smiles
Proudly taking the project glue thankfully dried.
You pray on Friday it will be a simpler task
Or someone else might do it & you can laugh.






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love it! You are not only a fabulous rhymer but also an inspirational artiste! Very impressive all round. (Dear God though does this mean I'll also have to help mine make "stuff" when they get bigger? My kids' homework projects are doomed!) ;)

    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha! Much better than iffy ;) I am a teacher so already have enough homework (marking) so dreading when my two start getting it :/ #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think when it comes to homework I will be helpful! but I know the homework projects we create are going to be a nightmare :p loving the poem though :p Thanks for Linking up to #KCACOLS hope to see you back next sunday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Hope you don't get anything gets too tricky when your little ones start school or parents that get competitive. I think a lot of googling goes on. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha,brilliant!I hate crafting!Last one we had to do was a dragon!Where do you even start?!Fab poem x #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dragon!!! Omg. I've had to make flip flops, fire engine twice, rain forest and bird house. I've used Google ALOT :) x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig