Sunday 3 April 2016

London afternoon tea bus review

The London afternoon tea bus is amazing & I would 100% recommend.  I was pleasantly surprised by the food and luckily we had a beautiful sunny day.  The company is The B Bakery and it is a converted double decker red London bus.

On board is a little snug but lovely. Please be aware there are no toilets so go before you board ( and have 30p handy as that's the charge to use the toliet at Victoria Coach Station!)

You have proper plates and silver plastic cutlery. You also have a plastic cup for hot drinks with a screw lid to avoid spillages. You can choose from several teas, coffee and hot chocolate. There's also orange juice and water. The presentation is beautiful and we had no problems with things sliding about.

London Afternoon Tea Bus

The staff point out several attractions as you pass but really it's more about enjoying the view and food.


It costs from £45 per person which given the high standard of food I think is well worth it. We had the traditional selection but gluten free, vegetarian and halal Afternoon Teas are available.


I would definitely do it again and am considering taking my daughter for a special treat next year (please note under 5's are not allowed).

View from the bus of sunny London town
Victoria coach station was easy to get to from Euston and although the letter states to be there 15/20 minutes before boarding you could get there with 5/10 minutes to spare.  It was extremely well organised and was a fantastic girls day out.

12:30 and 15:00 tours depart from 8 Northumberland Avenue, off Trafalgar Square WC2N 5BY.
12:00, 14:30 & 17:00 tours depart daily from Victoria Coach Station.


The website is below if you'd like more information

B Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus

If you need more cake or want to sample the products before booking a bus tour then visit the B Bakery in Covent Garden.  Afternoon tea is also available from £33 per person.


Emma xxx

London Afternoon Tea Bus
Pin it!




SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Ahh this looks amazing, I have always wanted to do Afternoon Tea and the idea of doing on a London Bus is just fab! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely. For a special day out or birthday definitely worth the money 😊

      Delete
  2. That seems like such a fab idea! You know me and my love of the cake! It will therefore not surprise you to know that I've pretty much afternoon tead the backside out of Yorkshire! (And thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!) The next time I venture 'down south' this will have to be on my to do list!

    Looks like you had a brill time xx
    #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fab helped by some spring sunshine. Definitely try it if you ever venture to London town 😊 xx

      Delete
  3. You had me at afternoon tea! Yummy yummy and the bus idea is brilliant xx #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can enormously recommend of you are able to travel to London 😊 x

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of this before, but what a wonderful way to see the sights of London. The food looks delicious, I'm glad you had a lovely time and I'm sure your daughter would love it too if you take her.
    Amanda. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually randomly heard of it on x factor 2 years ago.

      Delete
  5. This looks so cool!!!! I'm definitely going to have to check it out, sounds like the perfect afternoon actually!! Brilliant tip about the loos. Thanks for linking up with us. #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was nice & so great to have some girlie time. X

      Delete
  6. This looks like lots of fun and the food looks delish! Yum X #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I thought. I seems expensive to start but mini tour & really nice food. Win-Win! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing!! I would definitely love to do that!! This sounds super fun!!! I'm not keen about not having a toilet but I guess it should be fine if you go before hand as you suggested. The prize sounds good considering all what you are getting from it!! There is nothing cheap in London anyway! I will make a note of it as I think it should a fun thing to do with some friends!! Great review!! Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. It is always lovely to have you!! I would love to see you again on Sunday! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting lovely & it really was fab. X

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting lovely & it really was fab. X

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig