Sunday 12 June 2016

Los Zocos Costa Teguise Lanzarote Review

We have just had a brilliant 10 nights at Los Zocos. The reviews I've read are v mixed but here is my opinion.  Firstly if you don't want lots of kids around do not travel in half term or go to a family themed hotel!

Check in was awful & first impression terrible.  Restaurant was shutting & not even a welcome drink of water. 4th bed unmade & no sheets. However after this everything was great.

Rooms fair sized with big balconies & amazing black out curtains. Fresh sheets & towels regularly (although our towels were brown & a little old. Why would you choose this colour?)

Living room/2nd bedroom

View from balcony
Food was typical AI got bit samey but always something there to try. The restaurant does get v busy so not relaxing but this was the same at other places I've stayed.  The other restaurant with the boat in is much calmer/quieter.

My children loved the pools. Very safe with shallow areas for tots. My son loved the large 0.90 metre pool as he could stand easily & no sudden dips. Could maybe benefit from a slide or 2 but great. Did feel cold but fine once in & didn't bother the kids one bit.





Pool bar serves burgers, chips, pizza, hot dogs & after 3pm crepes which my 9 yo loved. All good but I'd have liked to see some jacket potatoes as well maybe with tuna, beans etc. There is some salad but limited. You could eat in the main restaurant but we couldn't be bothered to get dried & dressed.

Location is brilliant. Over the road from shopping centre & 5-10 minute walk to the beach.  Lovely walk into the square & chemist nearby. Bus stops & taxi rank just outside.

My children loved the Thomson kids club & would have attended more but we had 4 day trips booked. 2 hour sessions at various times. The 4-6pm slot children can go with their siblings which mine loved.  This does get busy so get there on time as they sometimes have to turn people away. Thursdays kids club is closed. I hadn't realised & turned up wondering where everyone was.

Posing in their kids club to shirts
We didn't watch much of the evening entertainment as it was very very loud & my 5 yo didn't like the noise. It could be turned down a bit. The 2 shows I saw were good & 9 yo loved them.

I would return to Los Zocos as fab location & v clean with good pools.




Note you need to pay for the TV and safe. We had free WiFi for one device.

A few little tweaks would give it 5 stars from me. Some self service taps in the pool bar as queues sometimes huge, couple of slides in the main pool & a sports bar/lounge area. The agua marina wasn't open in the day so the pool bar was your only option so could get bit samey/busy.



Whilst in Lanzarote we went on several trips I can 100% recommend the catamaran trip Graciosa Sail. Brilliant day & organisation. Jameos del Agua is beautiful & well worth a trip we went as part of a tour & would love to have eaten here & stayed a little longer. Book with Low Cost Holidays in the shopping centre they do great deals and everything was well organised. The grand tour was very informative & you saw loads of the island but was a bit too long for us and 1/2 day would have done.

Have you been to Lanzarote? What hotel did you stay at?

Emma xxx


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Great review, thanks so much. It's so hard to know where is the right place to go 2 specially with kids #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just added my link to #bigpinklink after yours and mine is also a holiday review, lol. Great review, looks like a lovely place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read yours looks amazing. I never think to check Thomas Cook as hate their website but I'll have a browse now. x

      Delete
  4. wouldn't mind being there right now :) #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. I want to go back. I don't like the rain 😢

      Delete
  5. Ooh I've not heard of this, great to read reviews of family resorts... I'm building up a list to research for our next holiday! Love that's it's Thompson I think they're fab! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reviews like this are so important. Isn't it funny how the cold water never seems to bother kids!! Thanks for linking. #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids didn't even bat an eyelid. I hated getting in but it was OK once you'd got your shoulders in 😁

      Delete
  7. Very thorough review it's great to see real life reviews befroe yuo visit and it's the little things that parents look for which you have covered #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun! A lovely place for a family holiday! I have never been to Lanzarote but would love to go.

    Thanks for linking up with #KCACOLS I hope to see you back next Sunday xx

    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really was pleasantly surprised. Lovely little island. Would definitely go back. x

      Delete
  9. Good review, looks like you enjoyed the holiday regardless of any bad points. I'd love to visit it. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame that things got off to such a bad start - that could have easily ruined your entire trip! I'm glad that things improved after that! :)
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig