Saturday 16 January 2016

Dogs vs Tots

Whilst chatting to a friend the other day we got onto the subject of dogs.

"I'm not really keen on dogs." My friend said wrinkling their nose and staring adoringly at her small tot.  Whilst I'm not a huge dog lover quite a few of my friends have pooches & to say you dislike them would be like them saying they dislike your child!

It got me to thinking that there's actually a lot of similarities between dogs & tots.

1. Both require attention especially when you are settling down to eat. Queue the whine/ cry.

2. Both destroy your house in seconds & leave you unsure what tornado just whizzed through your home.

3. Your washing increases. Dog hairs/ slobber/mud/baby sick/ orange coloured food stains(why is it always orange!)/snot.

4. Your walking increases which is a good thing except when its freezing and/or raining! Although the tot/dog doesn't seem to mind the weather.

5. Strangers talk to you whilst on said walk. This can be odd/friendly or creepy!

6. Outings take on a different meaning. How long will you be out? Is it pet/child friendly? Do you have food/drink/lead? The lead could be for both although you may get a few frowns. Try child reins instead they were a must with my son.

7. You are rarely home alone!

8. Without realising you adopt a silly voice whilst talking to said dog or tot.

"Who's my little cutie-pie?" (Or similar gibberish).

9. Potty training & house training. Both seem like impossible tasks & you have an enormous sense of relief when the job is conquered.

10. Discipline. Both dogs & children can wrap you around their little finger & require love, attention and consistency. Easy right!?!

These phrases sound familiar (dog or child!?) -

"What do you have in your mouth now?"
"No... No... I said NO!!!"
"How did that much poop come out of such a little thing?"
"Come here... come HERE... COME HERE!!!"
"Don't move. Stay.  I said stay there a sec!!!"

Any of the above sound familiar? Hope you have a fab week,the sun shines & your dogs & tots behave ;)

Emma xxx








SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Haha great. Fab post lovely

    Thanks for linking up with #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this as its so true! Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both glad you both liked the humour;)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I couldn't agree more. They even have chew toys / teething rings. The resemblance is uncanny. Very funny.

    #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny great post and possibly all true thanks for linking to the Binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a dog, but I know my girls would like one so this was an interesting read! Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting. My children would also like a dog but I'm sticking to the hens & rabbits. X

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig