Thursday 23 August 2018

Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel - Honest Review

We have just returned from a trip to Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel so here's my honest review. It was our first visit. The entrance was as expected for me and the kids LOVED it. Check in easy and baggage drop off a good service and very friendly staff member.

I was disappointed hotel guests only get 30 mins early access although did know prior to going. I really believe for the cost an hour should be standard. When we visited only Kingdom of the Pharaohs was open at 9.30 so we did Laser Raiders which everyone enjoyed but the other rides in this section were a little babyish for my children so it's not a great advantage.

Our room (pirates) was clean, tidy and had everything you needed. It was a little too warm and air conditioning didn't seem to work but we slept ok. Beds were comfortable, shower great and tea/coffee selection.
Legoland Hotel Windsor Ninjago character
Legoland Windsor Hotel
The Lego Lounge was brilliant very calm compared to downstairs. Small PlayStation room, movie den and brick pit. Only criticism needed more bricks!

Bricks restaurant was an experience. I hadn't realised was buffet only and probably would have eaten elsewhere. Was £67.80 for 4 people. The food was ok and lots of choice but sooo busy. Dirty tables everywhere. Hard to find clean cutlery. At home we usually pay £40 to £50. I knew it would be expensive but was a little surprised at the cost. It was not value for money in my opinion. If possible I would definitely eat elsewhere. From other reviews some people drive into Windsor for dinner.

Breakfast is included and in Bricks again. Similar experience. Busy, dirty tables, no cutlery etc. Staff seemed chaotic. Food ok. Kids were happy. Would I eat there again? Given the choice NO but if staying at the hotel I don't think there's another option.


Swimming pool was a big hit with my kids and lovely staff. You do need to book which is slightly annoying although understandable as so many guests. I think it should be much bigger and made into a real feature of the hotel. Could be a huge selling point for the hotel especially for Winter guests when the park isn't open. Flumes, lazy river etc (Legoland take note!). Changing rooms clean and good size, no money needed for lockers and towels provided.

Parking great especially as day guests have to pay £6 (I enormously disagree with this. Should be included in ticket price). Just over the road and lots of spaces.

Do I think it's good value? We booked over 7 months ago during a promo. £350 for 2 days in park and 1 night in pirate room. I was happy with this. If I'd paid full price I would have been disappointed. Needs longer guest only access to park, better dining experience and larger swimming pool.

Did the kids love it? 100% yes and they want to go again next year.


PIN IT!


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. But if you want to stay really close to the game, two good choices are the Courtyard by Marriott and the Silver Cloud Hotel - Stadium. vape dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame, because this beautiful mountainous area is paradise for wine lovers. holiday deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of whether you've booked recently a solitary room or the Presidential suite, you'll feel that you're re-living history and living like one of the Parisian rulers, in the extravagance Paris hotels. hotelgods.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the point when my better half and I visited in August 2016, we were adequately blessed to be skilled some co-op focuses that covered our visit. For our forthcoming outing in May, we needed to settle on a choice: on-resort or not? https://hotelgods.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regardless of whether you've booked recently a solitary room or the Presidential suite, you'll feel that you're re-living history and living like one of the Parisian rulers, in the extravagance Paris hotels. Vakantiehuis Limburg

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the point when my better half and I visited in August 2016, we were adequately blessed to be talented some townhouse focuses that covered our visit. For our impending excursion in May, we needed to settle on a choice: on-resort or not? Vakantiehuis Limburg

    ReplyDelete
  7. "From bathroom facilities to equipment to housekeeping. We share a passion for all that your hotel wants. Our experience is located close to home and across the globe to meet your needs.
    Email Orders: orders@dzeetextiles.com
    " Hotel supplies


    Location: 7600 Kingspointe Pkwy Suite 103, Orlando, FL 32819
    1722 Louisville Dr - Suite A,Knoxville, TN 37921
    Phone Orders: 1-800-505-0038
    Email Orders: orders@dzeetextiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. alex samek kor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Amazing! I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also. I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. Italy amalfi coast

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource... 420 evaluations los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. run 2 math playground

    ReplyDelete
  12. the Elysee Palace, the Invalides Museum, the Seine stream that cuts across Paris, and the other eminent milestones of Paris are clearly the most costly and the plushest hotels of the city. The absolute best extravagance Paris hotels are the Hotel Plaza Athenee, Hotel Pont Royal, Hotel Le Meurice, http://www.docksidehotelgroup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent! Amazing! I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also. I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. excavation contractors calgary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Their knowledge and knowledge with any trouble that could arise is wonderful and they may be a delight to work with. web designer near me

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds interesting specially the lego lounge. The in-room service could have been nicer with a better in-room appliances supplier. I am glad you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig